Effective Date: 23 May 2018
Last Updated: 23 May 2018
We use common tracking technologies.
Desert I.T. Solutions, and its subsidiaries and affiliates, collects information about users over time and across different websites, mobile applications, and other services. We also authorize third parties to collect information this way. To do this, we use several common tracking tools. Our vendors and other third parties may also use these tools. These may include browser cookies. We may also use web beacons, flash cookies, and similar technologies.
We use tracking technologies for a variety of reasons.
We use tracking tools on our websites and mobile applications. Cookies are common on our websites and are small files that download when you access certain websites. To learn more, visit www.allaboutcookies.org/ or www.youronlinechoices.eu/. These pages also explain how you can manage and delete cookies. We use tracking tools, including (but not limited to) cookies:
- To recognize new or past customers.
- To store your password if you are registered to our site.
- To improve our website.
- To serve you with interest-based or targeted advertising (see below for more on interest-based advertising).
- To observe your behaviors and browsing activities over time across multiple websites or other platforms.
- To better understand the interests of our customers and our website visitors.
We use specific tracking technologies.
Here is more information about the tracking technologies and cookies we currently use on the sites where this policy appears. We use all of these tracking technologies to improve our site and the experience of our visitors:
- Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager: We use this technology to track visitor information and details on behaviors on our website. This information is used to determine the success and/or failure of marketing efforts in the digital world.
- SharpSpring: We use SharpSpring as our CRM and use this technology to track information of individuals who visit our website and compare to public data sources such as Linkedin, Twitter and/or Facebook. SharpSpring also tracks onsite statistics about a visitors activity on our website and we may target marketing efforts based on website activity to known users.
- Facebook Social Plugins: We use this technology to allow users to share their experiences with our Apps and websites on Facebook. For example, we may collect your browser information, demographic data, and interaction data.
We engage in interest-based advertising.
We and our partners display interest-based advertising using information gathered about you over time across multiple websites, mobile applications, or other platforms.
Interest-based advertising or “online behavioral advertising” includes ads served to you after you leave our website, encouraging you to return. They also include ads we think are relevant based on your shopping habits or online activities. These ads might be served on websites or on apps. They might also be served in emails. We might serve these ads, or third parties may serve ads. They might be about our products and services, or other companies’ products and services.
How do we gather relevant information about you for interest-based advertising?
To decide what is relevant to you, we use information you make available to us when you interact with us, our affiliates, and other third parties. We gather this information using the tracking tools described above. For example, we or our partners might look at your purchases or browsing behaviors. We might look at these activities on our platforms or the platforms of others.
We work with third parties who help gather this information. These third parties might link your name or email address to other information they collect. That might include past purchases made offline or online. Or, it might include online usage information.
You can control tracking tools and can opt out of interest-based advertising.
In engaging in interest-based advertising, we adhere to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising, which you can review at www.aboutads.info/principles.
In addition, the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising program provides consumers with the ability to opt-out of having their online behavior recorded and used for advertising purposes. To opt out of having participating entities collect your online behavior for advertising purposes when browsing our websites, visit www.aboutads.info/choices/. To opt out of having participating entities collect your online behavior for advertising purposes when using our mobile apps, download and use the Digital Advertising Alliance’s “App Choices” app. Choices you make are both browser and device-specific.
Our Do Not Track Policy
Some websites have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals.
Tired of Waiting for your tech company to call you back?
Why Wait? Desert IT Solutions is here to help!
Desert IT Solutions is here to help. Connect with our team of information technology professionals using the form below and we'll help you overcome all your technology issues.Get Started (702) 434-3487